Alternators

Bit the bullet and bought a new one. Craddocks ~£80 for 100 amp, ordered yesterday delivered today, so great service. Best price recond was ~£50 so couldn't be arsed for the difference and convenience.

Fitting it tomorrow, when there's light to see. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx mobile

On or around 19 Dec 2008 22:08:37 GMT, "Paul - xxx mobile" enlightened us thusly:

blimey, that's still a good price. Never got one for less than 100 before. LR official price for a recon-exchange is about 280.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I thought so too ... A127 100 amp £74.05 + vat free delivery. Wasn't worth the time and effort fettling the soldering and bearings on the old one for that.

Identical to the one I removed. Just fitted it and whilst the old one was putting out ~13.8 volts, the new one is ~14.6 at tickover, so quite an improvement. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx mobile

Silly question - how can i find out what ampage the alternator on my 90 is?

Id like to have a 100Amp one on it as it has to charge both batteries..

It also only outputs 13.9 volts at tickover..

Reply to
Mark Solesbury