angel eye headlights

See

for the very latest info. Good easy search facility.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

Thanks Bob. The RVLR were introduced in 1989, which explains my confusion.

(A friend of a friend was involved in a nasty accident in the late 80s when she pulled out onto a dual carriageway at night into the path of another car, the other car being lit with sidelights only. She was found to be at fault because the other car was correctly lit at the time.)

Reply to
QrizB

Er, no, you're not.

'Normal' cars feel decidedly uncomfortable after driving a Defender I reckon.

Reply to
David Sillitoe

It's because your elbow gets too warm in a normal car :-)

Reply to
QrizB

Badger posted ...

LOL .. We towed a caravan from Nottingham to Tiverton, Devon in one day, stayed a week, with me commuting to race meetings (I'm an official) about 80 miles round trip each day, then across to Swansea, Gower Peninsula, in a day and stayed there a week as well as exploring the coastal tracks and green lanes of which that area has many of, before driving home, still towing the caravan, to Nottingham in a day .. I guess we did about 1600 + miles that fortnight in an S3 at a max of about 50 mph

Used a lot of petrol, and a lorry load of oil ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

On or around Wed, 31 Dec 2003 19:52:02 +0000, Mother enlightened us thusly:

is it gonna be 3-wheel drive?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Odd that, I feel more comfortable in my Landrover than in a modern car. Ditto in my Daimler Conquest.

This ergonomic seat lark is to blame I think. All the old cars I drive have old fashioned "bench" seats, ie two squabs, at about 100 degrees to each other. They're a lot more comfortable than modern shaped, sculpted seats.

Good old fashioned seats!

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Well that was the original idea but looking into it further, it now seems unlikely.

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

On or around Thu, 01 Jan 2004 20:29:55 +0000, Mother enlightened us thusly:

not as easy as it sounds, is it?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Too true - and to make things worse, someone mentioned to me last night that there's a very tidy Harley trike for sale locally - in PURPLE!

A custom build, based on this:

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Urgh. I'd love a harley trike, but not one with what appears to be the boot off a Relian Robin bolted onto the back

Alex

Reply to
Alex

I've only ever seen one of these in the UK and they don't look quite as bad as a Reliant Robin. The one I'm interested in is slightly older and doesn't have the 'boot' as such - but it is Purple! :-)

Trouble is, I could get another GS and shedloads of spares for the cost... tought call, Halo lights on Grumble? Hmmm....

Martyn

Reply to
Mother