Audio in Freelander

Hi everybody,

I have bought a 2002 Freelander TDI (4 doors) with the original Landrover radio and speakers in teh four doors in it. My question: Is it possible to install a preamp and exchange teh rear speakers to get a better audio quality? I do admit I often enjoy loud music and then you get this ugly sound in the doors (vibration), sometimes even in the front .

A technician told me that I would have to check if you can add a preamp, but I don't want to take the radio out to check (Okay, okay, I don't know how to take the radio out....).

Is there anybody here who has "upgraded" teh audio system without changing the original readio (connected to remote control on steering wheel)??

Thanks in advance for any help!

Anna Klain, Berlin, Germany

Reply to
Anna Klain