August

Right.

Who will come if i sort something out ;)

Thinking August Bank Holiday.

Thinking of a meet on Friday night, out sat, sun and back sunday night / monday morning

Thinking of North Peak District, Hathersage / Hope Valley area

Thinking laning on sat. Chilling the rest of the time.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

We will.

In the PEAK DISTRICT, at a bank holiday ???

Going for Martyn's camping barn idea ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

We're in fella.

Would need a area big enough for our van etc, but i can buy a genny etc.

Reply to
Nige

Were out - freaking work! Noons on the weekend - No point coming Monday as quite reasonably everyone will be packing up and bogging off home.

Ah well!

Reply to
Lee_D

we're in - just say the word.

Reply to
William Tasso

Hope valley+ bank holiday weekend = car park, seriously any hope (no pun intended) of offroading will be more than dodgy the high heel plimsol and hiking brigades plus assorted mongs will be out in force.There are enough issues with anti's without adding to the fun and my guess is there will be plenty of loons taking the company M5 Toureg etc across the peak. Derek

Reply to
Derek

Where do you suggest we go then Derek?

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

I think the place is perfect Mark, the issue is the timing ! Weekend after /before perhaps ?

Reply to
Steve Taylor

I have no arguments with the place Mark just pointing out the ABH is likely to make things difficult from a laning viewpoint. I have experienced bank holidays crowds in Castleton as we had two regular customers in the valley and getting there was a nightmare . It even gets pretty crowded on sunny weekdays during the holiday season .. The roads in the area are pretty special tho' (I have yet to experience Roych Clough

) off the top of my head I can't recall any pay and play areas still open I think the one at Sparrow pits is just for bikes. It might be worth an email to the Peak park folk for suggestions or an outrageously early start. Derek

Reply to
Derek

thats cool - that wasnt an arsey post!

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Cant do either.

Reply to
Nige

"Derek" wrote .................

Is that still open? It's more than ten years since I've been up there. Last time I went there was a TRO on it so didn't use it, ..... can't remember if I was told or actually saw the notice. We used to go in the other direction and then just up the road from where it comes out go down Chapel Gate down to Edale. The video doesn't show them going down the bottom steps above the stream, much more interesting to come up. A friend of mine with a 109" had a dodgy catch on his safari door and his toolbox contents spilled out there, I suppose there will still be a few spare sockets etc. lying about. (Might even be a quality 1/2" bi-hex.) :-)

The last sounds like a sensible suggestion.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Roych Clough is one of the lanes we did, Mark, and is on the CD I sent ... did you get it?

Reply to
Paul - xxx

yeah i got it

Ive not looked at it yet in detail though.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Just to echo what has been said by others, August Bank Hol is the weekend for Hope Valley Agricultural Show, which is held in the fields opposite Hope Valley College. HV Show is actually great - it's a small, properly local show focussing on the agriculture rather than the commercial tat bazaar which you get at events like Chatsworth Horse Trials, but, particularly if the weather's sunny, you can expect the valley to be clogged with traffic at going to/from time.

Nick.

Reply to
Nick Williams

On or around Wed, 02 Jul 2008 21:53:55 +0100, Mark Solesbury enlightened us thusly:

highly unlikely now that I'll have a landy to come in. so it'll have to be next time.

Reply to
Austin Shackles