Austin -How long is that Transit body?

Do you want to bung a tipper on too?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Sun, 14 May 2006 23:31:32 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

neat. wonder what's been done with the rear suspension? You can't the axles that close together using 2x standard LWB suspension. You could do one LWB and one SWB, with the springs overlapping by being one inside the other.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Mon, 15 May 2006 12:39:55 +0100, Austin Shackles enlightened us thusly:

but ideally, of course, you want the front and rear springs to interact like they do on 6x4 lorries.

Hence why I wanted to do this mod using a 90. 90 + 40 gives you 130... you could do a 110 + 40 = 150, but it makes a hell of a long, unmanageable beast. It's just about be OK with a countersteering rear axle.

the 90/130 is the best sounding bet, still with countersteering axle, should give it the turning circle of a 90 (if set up right) but the length of a

130.

There's the minor detail of needing 2 90s (less the rear axle from one) to build it. I suppose if you had a 90 with a sound front-half of the chassis and a rotten rear half it could be a donor for the back end.

As with all my grand schemes, though, I need to convince someone else that they want one so as to bankroll the project. Found a photoshop mockup of the 100/140 disco hiding in a directory somewhere the other day... the problem there is that although it'd make a fantastic vehicle if properly done, the doing-properly would be much more difficult on a disco body than on a defender-style one.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

About 3 years and counting I would say

Reply to