Best Rated threads in Land Rover 4WD vehiclesshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Land Rover wheel sizes
Can anyone help with this? I'm trying to replace steel wheel(s) on a boat trailer, and need to know if, for example, 110 wheels will fit. The trailer wheels have195/75 R 16C 107/105R markings on the...
13
13

OT. Flail mower interlock wiring
I'm only asking because someone here will know the answer and I don't want to get drawn into a mower 'envy' conversation on the lust newsgroup :-) My friend who asks awkward questions about bearings...
12
12

DII TD5 ignition barrel problems
I have a 2001 TD5 DII. Lately I have been having an intermittent problem with igition key not being able to turn in the barrel. It doesnt appear to be down to the steering lock as moving the wheel as...
6
6

Series 3 doors on a Defender?
Wotcher all, ISTR that series 3 doors go onto a Defender without difficulty, can anyone confirm that's right and if so, if the Defender hinges can be used instead of the series 3 hinges? I think the...
7
7

2.5TD temp sender fitting
Hi all, This is the V8 to 2.5TD conversion, nearly finished, but... One issue I have, is trying to get the temp sender to fit. I have a new sender (PRC2505) it's the correct diameter for the hole on...
2
2

2.5TD glow plug amps?
Any idea what the total amps would be for the glow plugs on a '89 2.5TD wired in series? I need to source a suitable relay thingy. Thanks alot, Andrew
21
21

For Sale: Viper Cyclone Camshaft for V8
It's a long story, but I have a new, un-used, Viper Cyclone camshaft for sale. Quote from Real Steel: "Designed for 3.9i V8, works in most applications (including automatics). Worth 26bhp over...

Canonica Alloy Wheels for Landrover
Anyone know where I can get a set of wheel nuts to suit Landrover Discovery 3000 Tdi with Canonica Safari 15" Alloy wheels? they're 27mm hex, standard LR stud thread, but with a smaller shoulder...
8
8

Remove broken stud in thermostat housing
200TDI Defender engine. Removed 2 of the thermostat housing bolts which were very stiff but the third sheared off. It's sticking out about 2 mm from the top of the thermostat housing base. I've tried...
7
7

300 TDI Fuel cut off Solenoid valve
Anybody know what size of open ended spanner to use on the above to get it off? 23mm does not go on, 24mm does but there is about 10 to 15 degrees of slack which I fear may round the is it AF,...
15
15

RRC Sudden loss of drive - ideas?
Hello 200tdi, LT77 and LT230T Pulling away from a junction today, changed into 2nd and suddenly had no drive after a slight grunch. It acts as in neutral - no attempt to move. Prop shafts and UJ's...
14
14

Rev counter all over the place
Does anyone know the best place to look for faults on a rev counter? 300 tdi Disco (1997) and speedo works ok. However, I noticed tonight that the rev counter is jumping all over the place. At first...
6
6

300Tdi Engine Problem Help please...
...can anyone give me any pointers on this problem please... it stumped a very very nice man with a yellow van tonight and meant that I've just got in the door courtesy of a flat-bed truck. :o(...
18
18

Should TD5 fuel pump, pump out if the filter is removed and key to II
Hi, I've gone through I think all the posts but cannot find the answer to this. Should TD5 fuel pump, pump out if the filter is removed and key to II on a Discovery TD5 (December 2002)? The reason I...
4
4

sluggish 200tdi
I am sure this subject has been hammered before, but for my benefit could someone please advise or give some ideas to me. Lost my P38 for a few weeks with head gasket problem so using my 200tdi...
9
9

computer not activating fuel pump in Disco??
My '97 Discovery stopped running yesterday. Engine just died. Would restart and run for 5 or 10 seconds then die again. Starter would not immediately turn over if you tried key immediately after...
9
9

P38 Auto Gearbox Oil Cooler
My P38 Auto has a leak where the auto gearbox oilcooler joins the pipes. The local Landrover agent tells me that because of corrosion it is almost impossible to remove the pipes from the oilcooler...

Toylander plans have landed...
See you all some time around April..... ...nowt to do with 20 litres of Damson and Sloe Gin I've just bottled up...hic #!?!@! Lee D
23
23

300 tdi into 101 lift pump question
Suggest you check your figures before criticising
30
30

Fuel issues with TD5
Hi all I have a TD5 with 115,000km on the started running roughly, losing power and blowing black smoke. If I drain the water sensor on the bottom of the fuel filter it seems to come good for a...
12
12