Billing & Beltring tour....

Anyone considering this seeing as they are on different weekends :-)

Only down side I can see is the Kids (depending on your viewpoint I suppose) don't break up until the weekend after Billing.

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

I fancy going to beltring!. I'm glad theyve decided to do it a different weekend to billing this time!. (What is the date of it btw?)

Will they let my 101 in if its not green and black? :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Yes.... as long as it's Bronze green or Pink as in panther ;-)

I think the dates are.....

21st to 25th July
Should be able to get an impressive number of 101's there given the lack of the clash. :-)

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

They are purist beyond belief on the whole. I may take the GS if it's ready(ish) or the (looks around very carefully, just to make sure), Radio body... :-)

That's if I can get the time off, as I've already had to do a few exercises in strategic internal politics to get to do the shows I've listed on 101fc.net

Beltring is 'different' in terms of what one may normally expect from a 'show'. I once rather 'fell out' (quite badly actually) with a group wearing Nazi uniforms...

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Mother"

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Bruce says he fancies going, now he is the owner of a Lightweight - not camping though as my Mum lives quite near by and can stop there. Our lot finish school on Thursday 8th July.

Reply to
Nikki

Well it's a bit of a trek from here but I'm either hoping to encompass the trip in something bigger or stopping over in the 101 if we do 2 Days and the

101's up to Camping by then.

I'm off to the Caravan and Boat Show in Feb to get the sink and cooker stuff which should see me motivated to do the interior.

And given it's all the way down there so to speak (Beltring) it would be rude not to hop on a ferry and do a Booze cruze taking in some sights at Normandy :-) ...... but the 101's the debating point first.... that and convincing the french to let us in and the brits to let us back :-)

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

alt.fan.landrover hall of fame -

Lee_D

Hmmm... there's an idea...

I may be able to offer 'overflow camping' nearby - in a far more appropriate environment (a real WW2 military camp). Half price for 'not totally original' 101s, techie-hippies and people with large stocks of booze from having recently done a booze cruise, obviously...

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Sounds interesting. Will you let us visit? You have to go past Sittingbourne to get to the Island.

Reply to
Nikki

Well why not come over the channel and help bring some back :-)

That way we could dig in for longer :-)

Besides the Purple one is bound to get pulled by customs ;-)...OK what have you got to declare ? (as opposed to ..do you have anything to declare)

But it does sound like a rather splendid idea! We were toying with other sites to stop at as well.... What are the toilet blocks like? ;-)

I'll get me strimmer.....

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

Don't even go there....

Reply to
wayne

Ive always been a bit wary of some of the military vehicle people. All those uniforms scare me, and I get worried that I may get lynched for not keeping stuff green like it should be! :) I've also met some really nice people that I shall be finding again at the next lot of shows to go and have a drink with!

In what way is beltring different from the normal landy shows?

Reply to
Tom Woods

If you do this, then can I put in a provisional pitch booking please? :) I'm not sure i want to take the 101 to the actual show.. Unless we can sort out a brightly coloured convoy to give strength in numbers..

Reply to
Tom Woods