Caranex

I am considering buying one - has anyone got one for sale near Guildford; has anyone any views of them

Reply to
Julian PollardPOP_Server=pop.freeuk.net

They are totally brilliant. I assume you are wanting to use it with a "proper" Land Rover?

We've used ours many times on the back of a 109 Series 3. We used it for a continuous two weeks in the summer and it never let us down even when we left it free standing.

We're about to use it with our new 110 Defender in a weeks time. We've taken all the back seats out of the SW and made a couple of benches, one that houses the cooker and one for all our gear. With the Caranex on the back it's almost like a caravan and awning but without the hassle of towing (and the embarrassment of being a shed dragger and the freedom to go down all those fun tracks)!

I think they are superb, expensive but well worth it for the luxury of being able to sleep, stand, change etc in the comfort. Downside is that they are a bit drafty 'cos of only being single skin and with plenty of air gaps under the car.

Got anything else you want to know about them? We've had ours a couple of years now.

Reply to
Ray and Elisabeth

Doesn't it snag on the branches though?

Lee D