Tyres

Is there any concensus as to the best place to buy tyres in the UK? I called Nene Valley for a price at one point and they seemed pretty reasonable compared to my local "best price" tyre place, but I know there are a lot more places to try. It'd need to be somebody somewhere in the south really otherwise I'll have to pay separate fitting charges, which is where it usually gets expensive.

It'll be 5x BFG All Terrain 245/75R16s, not required yet (as the current set are wearing down annoyingly slowly) but I thought I'd better do me homework.

David

Reply to
David French

Why not wait till Billing? Then you could either sell the old ones there or bung em on the roof rack and bring them home.

:-)

They have some cracking show deals.

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

Good eye deer. I could get rid of my other spare set as well (still free to good home if anybody wants them).

David

Reply to
David French

I have a customer a mile or so away from Nene Valley (and in a bizarre incident 'found' them tucked away behind the transport caff I'd taken to having my breakfast in en route!).

They did me sets of 5 Trac Edges and Long Trails for S2 and Discovery respectively, the Trac Edges fitted to new modulars, for well under a grand. They also had lots in stock to choose from, and knew the benefits of one over t'other. Nice guys, know their stuff and fairly priced.

I'll be going back sometime fairly soon (40K on the Long Trails now, but quite a lot of tread left still) - sadly they didn't have the Petlas in stock when I did the 101.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs