Bloody buggering bollocks ...

Brand new BFG AT's ... front offside got a puncture ... just as I needed to go out too.

_Exactly_ same size and type of nail as last one, I wonder if I'm getting paranoid or the little gits round here are 'playing' ... I certainly haven't been anywhere that these type of nail (Wide round head roofing nails) should be ...

Reply to
Paul - xxx

In the tread more than an inch from the edge? Very repairable. Even clsoe to the edge might be you need to find a proper tyre place that does hot vulcansied repairs. Yer average retail tyre shop will probably try and sell you a new tyre.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Last time I had a tyre repaired that needed hot vulcanising, it cost me £20 including getting it sent off and bought back from the tyre shop. That was a screw clear through the tyre shoulder IIRC.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

About an inch off-centre of the tread, so well away from the wall.

Thanks, I didn't even think of trying to get it repaired as last time they advised me they couldn't. Think I'll try another tyre fitter ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Sounds emmenently repairable. I take it you noticed due to lack of air in the tyre? I picked up a screw in the tread about an 1" from the edge, I left it in but the tyre never lost any pressure. When I finally plucked up the courage to remove it (within striking distance of a tyre shop) I found it was only 1/2" long and only had 1/4" actually in the rubber.

It does depend where the damage is, have a dig about on google and you shoud be able to find the areas concerned. Personally something like yours in the middle of the tread I'd get repaired, particulary on a new tyre. I'd not be so sure about sidewall damage...

Wise, try commercial places rather than consumer/retail ones.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The place I used is both commercial and retail and they mended mine (sounds an identical puncture) for £7 cash and the money went straight in the "Tea Fund" box. Choccy bics all round no doubt.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

Nope ... tyre still up, but I saw the nail head, about 1/2" diameter and pulled it out ... whereupon it pssssed at me .... a lot.

National Tyre Services ... told me 16 quid, charged me 8 ... and it's still up an hour later ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx