Care + feeding: Brownchurch galv roofrack

I've got one on the 110 (brilliant), but it's just beginning to show signs of rust where the galv. has worn on the top. So, do I:

a. Hammerite or simlar

b. Galv. paint or similar

c. re-galv it (if possible, and getting it to the platers'll be fun too!)

d. quit while I'm only a bit behind, buy a new one and put the old one on eBay? [wallet flinches in anticipation]

Any other good-yet-amazingly cost-saving ideas considered...

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

Just use Galv spray paint. I work in the Telecomms industry, we use it all the time when cutting galvanised steel. It works great.

Reply to
Wolverine

Galvafroid is reckoned to be pretty good - I considered it at one stage for re-doing the body cappings on my 88"

Surely the easiest way would be to leave it on the roof.

- Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

In article , Andrew writes

Thanks - I'll have a look for it locally.

True. Having now looked in the Yellow Pages, the nearest is much closer than I thought - was expecting to have to send it rather than drive there...

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig