Roofrack 'decking'

I want to make a couple of platforms to go on my roofrack, apart from obvious materials like checkerplate or marine plywood does anyone have any other ideas? In the dim distant past I seem to recall seeing some perforated ply and also ply with a treadplate typoe surface but have not been able to find a supplier.

Steve. Suffolk. remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Reply to
AN6530

Depends what you want it for, but my mate Jamie uses galvanised grid pattern mesh with about 4cm squares. It's so rigid it's almost like having solid checker plate, but it's a lot lighter, lets the light through, doesn't trap water, etc. At the ends he's just folded the mesh round the rack and the rigidity keeps it there. It's like the granddaddy of all chicken wire. Not sure where he got it, but I can find out.

David

Reply to
David French

AN6530 posted ...

Might help a bit ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

You can see a little bit of it on this photo - the bit where it wraps around the roofrack:

David

Reply to
David French

Ooh yes :-)

Steve. Suffolk. remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Reply to
AN6530

That would be weldmesh I reckon - and it just so happens I have some of it kicking around here as I use it for the dog kennels - hmmmm thanks!

Steve. Suffolk. remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Reply to
AN6530

Is this the stuff he's used?

Looks like it from what I can see..

Fergus

Reply to
Fergus Kendall

Similar sort of thing, but square in form, and formed of wire (not sheet) so the edges aren't sharp.

David

Reply to
David French