Chassis no. identification

in article snipped-for-privacy@boltblue.com, Jonathan Scott-Smith at snipped-for-privacy@boltblue.com wrote on 18/1/2004 6:15 pm:

Have just put this number in on this website and this was the result

CalVIN, the Land Rover VIN CALculator

24141669H

241 Model: Land Rover, Series IIA Body type: Basic or Station wagon Wheel base: 88in Engine: petrol Model years: 1962-1971 Destination: Home market, right-hand drive (RHD)

41669 Serial number H Design: Seven or more significant design modifications (is this still a Land Rover?)
Reply to
Nikki Cluley

I have acquired two old series Landy's largely in bits - one is a J reg from about 1971 and the other a slightly old D reg. I have only one chassis plate and no documentation for either although they came direct from the family who I believe had owned both from new. Can anyone advise which reg. belongs to chassis no. 24141669H and whether the other chassis no. can be obtained from the registration no.?

Reply to
Jonathan Scott-Smith

Might be worth trying series 2 club, im pretty sure they have a registrations officer who can find out details,

sam

The DVLA would be the only real source for the reg no., but they may not be able to give it to you. Armed with official information about the build date etc etc, you can get the DVLA to issue a new registration and registration document, with an age-related plate. However, the vehicle will need to be inspected, and as such will need to be roadworthy.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Reply to
Jonathan Scott-Smith

We think only DVLA would be able to help you with this one - sorry

Gaynor

Reply to
Gaynor