Clutch Fork Woes

This afternoon my clutch pivot sheared through my release fork as is so common with Defenders & Discovery manual vehicles. I am currently away from home and my parts manual, would anyone happen to know the part number for the ball pivot on the LT77 bellhousing which the release fork rests on? Mine had lost it's chrome/hardened outer at some point and is now a knobbly erroded shape which has resulted in the fork's failure. I don't really have time to drop the gearbox to sort this out, so seeing as I had a plasma cutter in the back of the 90 and a spare bellhousing anyway I cut a 100mmX100mm access hole in the sticky out bit on the bellhousing where the fork goes, thus allowing me to withdraw it with gearbox in situ. I am hoping I can slot a new fork and pivot in and get mobile again with only a hours work if I'm lucky, I will be covering the hole over with a screwed on and sealed plate for the time being to stop any water getting in, so might get away with it ok.

Thanks,

Fergus

Reply to
fergus.kendall
200tdi = FTC1271 Guide release bearing., It is a complete assembly. It looks like the ball part is not sold separately. Whether it unscrews from the casting is unknown to me.

V8 has a replaceable pivot. I assume you wanted the one for the 200Tdi

Ron

Reply to
The Becketts