clutch problems

Help. . . . .

Having difficulty getting into gear, it seems as though the clutch isn't providing enough lift to allow and easy gear change.

The clutch reservoir is full; There appears to be no leakage internally or externally. . .

and I would really like to avoid cracking the gearbox open

especially as it looks like its going to rain all weekend

Regards, Pat

Reply to
Pat

The clutch on our SIII was playing up recently, doing the same thing as yours. By looking at the Haynes diagrams and watching fluid levels move we worked that the 'fluid in' one-way valves in the master cylinder had gone two-way. After changing both slave and master cylinders it not seems OK. They're cheap as chips form Craddocks. David

1973 SIII SWB
Reply to
DavidM

Hi JD,

Its a 1995 tdi 300 discovery the hoses look ok - no bulg>

Reply to
Pat

What sort of vehicle? You could have problems with the master cylinder without any leak, and if it is an older vehicle could have problems with the flexible hose. If it is a Series 2/2a in particular it could have a problem with the linkage from the slave cylinder to the release mechanism. JD

Reply to
JD