Man killed for his Land Rover

See

My condolences to the victim's family.

Thanks, Paul

-------------

1992 Range Rover Vogue SE
Reply to
Pacman

Sounds like a bit of senseless thieving has turned into a tragedy. No doubt the perps, if caught, will be the victims of unhappy upbringings and let off with a couple of months and a fine. If they didn't mean to kill him, they can't be murderers, and if they were only trying to steal it, well, boys will be boys, won't they?

Pity he didn't have his shotgun - but then he'd be the one facing jail, and a lot more than I reckon they will get.

My sympathies with family, friends and workmates. Terrible thing to do.

DaveP

Reply to
davepseudonym

Fuck that close to home, used to keep a caravan at Wolvey.

Reply to
Larry

Indeed, sincerest condolences to anyone who new the victim.

Reply to
SteveG

When I first saw the story, this morning, the article said it was a Defender. It changed to a Disco later in the day.

I hope the murderers get caught, although I doubt they'll get sufficient punishment even if they are.

Judith

Reply to
Judith

Ah, but the caption (if you hover over the photo) says "Picture of a Land Rover similar to the one stolen" so I reckon the Researcher was just told to go through the archives for a green Land Rover ...... what do you mean, there's more than one type?

But...

The Warks police report says "A silver car was reported to have been seen in the area of Featherbed Lane, Withybrook at around the time that the Landrover was stolen and police are appealing for members of the public who were in the Withybrook area to recall if they saw a silver coloured car, or if they saw the green Landrover Defender being driven away. The Landrover, which is green with a white roof is approximately two years old."

So, likely to be a Defender. Judith

Reply to
Judith

In message , Judith writes

The researcher obviously used to work for an insurance company.

Reply to
hugh

so Judith was, like...

Getting OT, but there was a US vehicle featured in LRO a while back called the "Defender Disco" - basically a non-metallic green Disco 1 with a limestone roof. Looked really good - it somehow made the Disco look more workmanlike. But in the UK, likely to be a Defender, yes.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

But the BBC got their knickers in a twist - they say the vehicle was a Disco then printed a photograph of a Defender!

Reply to
Gordon

Well it STILL says the vehicle stolen was a Diso but the picture of the dumped vehicle is a Defender!

Reply to
Gordon

never trust the BBC for accuracy, eh?

Reply to
Gordon

I had a 2.25 litre Estate according to Direct Line.

(2286cc Series III Safari)

Judith

Reply to
Judith

No such thing as a standard landie whatever it is described as.

Mine is supposedly a 109 station wagon except that the lenght of the sills is neither standard for a 109 or 110, there just happen to have been a particular batch that were of a particular measurement at that particular time of manufacture.

Sills too long for a 109 too short for a 110 wierd or what ?

Reply to
Larry

There's a picture of the actual vehicle in tonight's local paper (Warwickshire Evening Telegraph) - it's a '53 plate Defender.

The front page carries the main story, and pages 2 and 3 are full pages of tributes to a hard working, popular farmer.

My condolences to his family, also.

Andy Fox

110 V8 Rugby (8 miles from Withybrook)
Reply to
Andy Fox

There's a picture of the actual vehicle in tonight's local paper (23/8/05) (Warwickshire Evening Telegraph) - it's a '53 plate Defender.

The front page carries the main story, and pages 2 and 3 are full pages of tributes to a hard working, popular farmer.

My condolences to his family, also.

Andy Fox

110 V8 Rugby (8 miles from Withybrook)
Reply to
Andy Fox

Update:

Tonight's local paper (Warwickshire Evening Telegraph) front page story says

22 year old Leicester man in custody and being questioned re Mick Boffey's death.

Andy Fox

110 V8

Reply to
Andy Fox

On or around Thu, 8 Sep 2005 21:57:06 +0100, "Andy Fox" enlightened us thusly:

hope they've got the right bloke. Mind, someone was banned for a year or something the other day for running over and killing a 3-year-old child.

Reply to
Austin Shackles