Cyl Head Overhaul

Please Help:

I have the 89' RR Classic NAS, 3.9L, auto

I have an overheating problem at the intake manifold valley pan. It was suggested to do the head gaskets, by this forum, as well. I plan to regrind the valves as well.

I also have in my possession the "Range Rover Shop Manual" and the "3.5/3.9 & 4.2 litre V8 ENGINE Overhaul Manual." Although these manuals are great I'm in need of little more info. E.g. step 1 disconnect battery, step 2 depressurize fuel rails...

I have found that these manuals do not give a step by step compete tear down to the heads. I recall a web site that gave these steps. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Yes, I did a Google search and came up with all sorts of sights that I was not interested in. If memory serves me right, it might have been a Russian site?

Cheers.

89 RR Classic NAS, 3.9L, Auto 90 RR Classic NAS, 3.9L, Auto 83 Dodge Ramcharger, 5.2L, 4-speed
Reply to
Jack Kerouac

Stephen Boyke

On or around Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:29:28 -0800, Stephen Boyke enlightened us thusly:

might I suggest Haynes?

I take it the manuals you're referring to are LR ones?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yes these are LR Manuals. I guess I should have read a little further, I found most of what I was looking for.

Completed the tear-down today. Most of the prep is finished as well. I had only one problem. While taking the head off the R side I accidentally broke a header bolt. I am unable to drill it out. Any suggestions? I'm half tempted to bolt the manifold back on minus 1 bolt. It's the bottom left when looking from the R side. This was a combination bolt used to attach a heat shield to cover the starter motor. I also have to figure out how to re-attach the heat shield now that it's all buggered.

Back to the drawing board.

Reply to
Jack Kerouac