defender /90 wings on e-bay ( is he serious)

hiya,

i choked on my boiled sweet when i saw this

?ViewItem&item=2485012667 can someone enlighten me as to why its £400

andy

Reply to
Andy

On or around Fri, 23 Jul 2004 21:38:50 +0100, Andy enlightened us thusly:

optimist. I doubt they'll make 400. having said that, the inner wing plus outer wing plus headlamp panel, unpainted, is about 120 from Paddock. They appear to have at least the indicators and sidelights (which are cheap), may have headlights, doesn't say and I can't see. Dunno how much the rubber eyebrows are.

so you're talking not far short of 300 to buy unpainted ones, which you still have to paint, the only real problem is that dent, which could be sorted with filler.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

yeah but 400, i keep having a peep back, some kind of morbid curiosity i suppose.

i wouldnt mind a pair of 90 wings but id consider 50 each expensive, but then again i do come from yorkshire!!!

andy

Reply to
Andy

I've just lost the contents of a can of beer all over the pc..... The bloody cheek of some people! They want to be gold plated for that price...

-- Simon Isaacs

Peterborough 4x4 Club Vice Chairman, Newsletter Editor and Webmaster (how much more....)

3.5V8 100" Hybrid, now LPG converted Part owner of 1976 S3 LWT, currently under restoration Suzuki SJ410 (Girlfriend's) 3" lift kit fitted, body shell now restored and mounted on chassis, waiting on a windscreen and MOT Series 3 88" Rolling chassis...what to do next 1993 200 TDi Discovery (the Pug 106 is dead, long live the Pug)

Peterborough 4x4 Club

Simon Isaacs

Hes obviously been smoking crack... lol

Terry

Reply to
terry

He's an idiot.

Even allowing for buying two complete wing assemblies from Craddocks, this would only total about £400, and those wings are not brand spanking new, by a long shot.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Andy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

That's the "Buy It Now" price for someone in a hurry. He who won't wait will pay through the nose.

Don't see anything wrong personally as the price is presumably aimed high to indicate a value and encourage bidding. Didn't work though, did it? Bidding closed with no bids. So maybe someone could have bought them for £100.01.

Look at this Ebayer's feedback. 100% positive and some nice comments when buying and selling.

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

you couldnt have bought them for £100.01 because there was a reserve on them , Just waiting to see if he re-lists it.

andy

Reply to
Andy

On or around Fri, 23 Jul 2004 22:12:42 +0000 (UTC), "Simon Isaacs" enlightened us thusly:

as I said, price up new non-genuine ones... cost you nearly as much. especially if they have headlights in 'em as well as the other lights.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Maybe the dent was put there by a really (in)famous person ? Like 'this dent was made by Johnny Cash when he fell over and bought the farm' ?

Peter R.

Reply to
Peter R.

Andy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

And what is the reserve? I think the point has been made.

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue