Disco I

Anyone with an ALARM problem? My Disco does not respond to the fob

Reply to
user

Dud fob battery? Easiest and cheapest thing to check.

Reply to
Rich B

On or around Sun, 11 Feb 2007 10:25:32 -0000, "Rich B" enlightened us thusly:

tis an all. if you have both fobs, does it respond to either?

If when you lock it with the fob it does one long flash of the hazards rather then 3 short ones, it's telling you to change the battery.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I used to have problems with the key fob. Even after changing the batteries I still had a problem so bad I thought the fob needed to be replaced.

I eventually traced the problem to the PCB contact under the batteries. The pcb contacts often get what looks like an oxide build up. Once cleaned with a very mild abrasive the the old batteries work on for ages. It only takes a fraction of a volt drop and the unit thinks the battery is flat.

I have had this problem on both my units.

Hope this helps,

Alan

Reply to
Alan Berry

Usual practice in this group (as with most ngs) is to bottom post, and to strip out sigs. OE Quotefix will do it for you automatically. Free download.

Reply to
Rich B

And is there a similar offering for Netscrape or Seamonkey?

Richard

Reply to
Richard

Do they need it?

Reply to
Rich B

Not in the case of Netscape, anyway. Bottom-posted reply can be set in the account settings and can be different for newsgroups and e-mail.

Personally I prefer to read top-posted stuff (it helps, though, if you know what has come before) but go with the flow as this little fly won't shift the world!

Reply to
Dougal

I tend to agree with that. If you're reading a group every day and the traffic is moderate (~50-100 posts a day) then top-posted stuff saves a lot of scrolling. But if you have a lot of catching-up reading to do, then bottom posting is definitely better, as the argument follows logically down the page. I always bottom post now (didn't used to!) as a courtesy to the millions who prefer it.

Reply to
Rich B

On or around Mon, 12 Feb 2007 21:12:41 +0000, Dougal enlightened us thusly:

burn the heretic!

some groups do, some groups don't, and it makes sense to do as the romans do.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Tue, 13 Feb 2007 13:36:04 -0000, "Rich B" enlightened us thusly:

What goes with bottom posting is efficient snipping of superfluity from the message you're replying to. Something which top-posters almost never do, so you get 500-line accumulations of tat all over the place. OK, bandwidth isn't as critical as it used to be, but that's no reason to waste it by sending thousands of words around the world unnecessarily.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Totally agree with that. Snipping extraneous stuff is just courtesy.

Reply to
Rich B

"Alan Berry" wrote .....

When you remove the batteries you're supposed to press the button for ten seconds to reset the fob before putting the new batteries in.

Martin

Reply to
Oily