Disco II, Koni shocks

Is it worth fitting Koni shocks to a Disco II with ACE fitted. I was hopping it would reduce roll at low speeds prior to the ACE kicking in. Would any further mod be required?

Reply to
Mark Lane

From what I have read, standard LR shock absorbers are not great and Koni (or Bilstein, etc) units do make an appreciable difference. They are recommended by at least JE Engineering and RPi. Not sure whether they would achieve what you are hoping for though. Stiffer springs (not applicable in your case) and stiffer anti-roll bars would achieve what you desire, whereas better shock absorbers would generally give you a more controlled ride over the bumps.

We fitted Bilstein units to an air-sprung Classic LSE and the ride genuinely was much much improved (but roll was not reduced). New springs, Konies and stiffer anti-roll bars from JE transformed my Defender's handling.

I would ring JE, RPi, or other experts and ask them about your specific problem, but I would recommend upgrading the shock absorbers anyway.

Reply to
David Willerton