Disco Oil light

300 TDI 100K The oil warning light has come on a few times when idling, goes off as soon as I touch the throttle, is this a sign of something about to go wrong?
Reply to
Davey

Yes but its probably the oil switch, my 300 TDi came on when hot after a long hard run on the motorway, it used to flash on tick over. Changed the switch and it hasn't done it since. So long as the engine sounds OK i.e. no strange knocks etc, and its had regular oil and filter changes, it's probably the switch on its way out.

Peter.

Reply to
Pete S

On or around Sun, 10 Jul 2005 17:18:35 +0100, "Davey" enlightened us thusly:

are the oil and filter changes up to date, and is the oil the right viscosity?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Along the same lines and stating the obvious, but: Is the oil level correct?

It's amazing how many people think the oil light is there to tell them when to put some oil in. Almost as amazing as the number of people I see hacking down the motorway with a red light blazing away on the dash.

Reply to
Colonel Tupperware

Could be a simple as a low idle speed. Check at what engine rpm the light goes off.

Other than that: Oli pressure switch Oil filter Low oil level

Silas