Disco purchase

Going up to have a look at a gold three door M plate 300 Tdi tomorrow 79K with air con for £5700 - does this sound OK ?

cheers - the newbie (the 3K limit has gone out of the window, but I'm sticking to 6K!)

Reply to
StaffBull

Twas Sat, 3 Jan 2004 19:29:22 -0000 when "StaffBull" put finger to keyboard producing:

dammit I'm shopping with a £2k budget... :o(

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk

Mr.Nice.

On or around Sat, 3 Jan 2004 19:29:22 -0000, "StaffBull" enlightened us thusly:

doesn't sound bad, especially if it has history. Our M plate 5-door with no aircon and the same milage was about £7500, but that was about 18 months ago, and prices have come down a lot since then. Full history and 2 owners on ours, which was near-enough in A1 condition for its age.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I picked up an M plate 5 door no air con and 80,000 on the clock a couple of weeks ago for £3995. I know that the autotrader web site has a price guide on it, this is always worth a look.

-- V8 Disco - Pippa

101 Ambie - Gemma
Kay

I've just paid £6800 for a 1997 'P' 300TDi in very good nick with 66k miles and a full engine rebuild worth £2300 6 months ago at Shardlow Land Rovers due to female owner from new ignoring a blown head gasket and carrying on driving until the next dealer service was due!!!!! :)

Reply to
Exit

Jeez, that was a bargain. I did well to get £3500 for my J plate / 163K then, even with the toys!

David

Reply to
David French

Bought it ! it had to be done 79K fsh, one small peice of bubbling on the rear door (about the size of a 10p) spotless interior. AA inspection to be done this week (just in case)

Reply to
StaffBull

Welcome to the world of Discovery ownership. May you enjoy many many hours of trouble free driving ... fat chance!

LOL Steve G Regards Steve G

Reply to
SteveG

Would you recommend Shardlow then? Its not too far from Leicester? Ever had any maintainance work done by them?

Reply to
Nikki

On or around Sat, 3 Jan 2004 22:28:25 -0000, "David French" enlightened us thusly:

I'd have thought that was a bargain, even these days. M plate ones are mostly (all?) the "300" type.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sun, 04 Jan 2004 18:26:31 GMT, SteveG enlightened us thusly:

TBF, the only hassle ours has given is a failed brake vacuum pump, which is easy enough to fix.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I was only joking. The 3 that I've owned have all been pretty reliable

- now where did I leave that big plank of wood?

Regards Steve G

Reply to
SteveG

Personally I've never used them but reading the detailed bill from them for the rebuild they appear very thorough and reasonably priced. The result is the best 300Tdi I have ever driven though I'm spoilt by my V8. . . . . . :)

Reply to
Exit