Disco spec

Thinking of a s/h Disco 95/96 ish for caravan duties. Cannot make out from Parkers Choice mag diff between 200 tdi or 300 tdi. I would like an auto out of choice.The engine size seems the same is the power different? Any other details I need?

Thanks

Reply to
Capt T

Land Rover's quoted figures for the 200 and 300Tdi are the same, but the 300 has some mods to make it quieter and smoother - it also has better top end performance. Our customers seem to genrally agree that the 300 is better with an auto box.

Depending on your taste, the 300 has a "better" interior, and being newer is likely to be in better condition.

Richar

Reply to
beamendsltd

Hi

I have towed with a Discovery 7 seater 2.5tdi and a Defender 12 seater CSW

2.5TDI. I would go for the Defender it is a far superior tow vehicle.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Renshaw

If you're looking at 95/96 vintage then it'll be a 300Tdi anyway. They stopped using the 200 in 94.

Reply to
SteveG

If you go for a 96 ish 300TDi Auto it's likely to have Electronic Diesel Control, this was added to pep up the power and torque to allow for the losses in the auto box. I've seen various figures quoted for power output between no change at 105 to 120 and even 130 bhp. My 300 DTi with Auto box and EDC is quite smooth but slow to pick up initially, although fuel consumption is greater. Having said that, towing a caravan doesn't change it.

Pete

Reply to
Pete S

As an Autoholic how does it do on fuel? I tow with a 97 ES 3.9 Auto on gas.

I went from a V8 '83 Rangie to a '90 VM Rangie and accept the are leagues apart in acceleration terms.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

It doesn't seem to matter how I drive it, it does 24 mpg all the time. I have to say though that I do keep the air con on all the time, even in winter!

Pete

Reply to
Pete S

You wont see any difference in consumption figures just because it's lpg, the difference is in the fuel pricing IE: half price Dave

Amateur Radio Call Sign M1BTI, Located in Manchester England. Locator square IO83TK Chairman Of Trafford Radio Club. Club Call Signs G0TRG & M1BBP Located at Umist, University Of Manchester Institute For Science And Technology Share What You Know, Learn What You Dont.

Reply to
Dave Piggin