Disco wheels - help needed

I've got a 93 Disco with the original steel wheels on it. 16" rims with 205 profile tyres (as my manual says I can fit).

I'm wanting to upgrade to alloy wheels but am totally confused as to what I can fit!

OK, so they are 16", 5 hole (spacing?), but then what width alloy wheel 8"?

And when I finally get the wheels, what tyres can I fit that won't alter my speedo reading.

I've looked at loads of websites, but most only give details of Disco 2 or the Freelander!

I hope someone out there can raise the mist a little on what I thought should be a dead easy task, i.e. choose wheel, choose tyre, purchase, fit!

Hmmmmmm, oh well and it's all been so easy up till now.

One very confused Disco owner.

Elisabeth

---------------- Disco, Defender, ex-S3

Reply to
Ray

This was discussed a while ago on mud-club Have a look here....>

Chris Drop the trousers to email me :-)

Reply to
Chris Ward