Need help with wheel size of Disco II

Hi, i am the proud owner of a Disco 2, Build 2000. I am looking for wheels to fit but for now i'm confused about the size (of the wheels) to use.

The original size is 255/65/16, so i was looking for wheels with 16", and found a steel wheel from DOTZ ( Dakar ), but this wheel is not available in 8J16 as mentioned in my service book.

I do have tyres ( Michelin 4x4 255/65/16 for summer, Goodyear 255/65/16 for winter ), so buying a set as offered by local dealers is not an option.

Due to the prices of alloy wheels by local dealers ( starting at ¤

180,-- each ), the DOTZ Dakar is with ¤ 70,-- each an alternative.

The car is a Discovery Series II TD5 XS AT, Year 2000, 101.5 kW, Type LT/*M9/024

Thank you all in advance for any information about the size of wheels for my need.

Reinhard

PS : Excuse my english, but i am from austria so my native language is german.

Reply to
Reinhard Swietli

Reinhard Hi,

you can also fit alloy and steel wheels from BMW vehicles. The center of the wheel is the same size. (5 X 120 mm PCD)

On certain BMW models the center circle of the rim may be a bit wider but you can use spacer rings to make them fit properly on your vehicle's wheel centers.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Disco 2 and P38 Range Rover wheels are pretty much interchangeable.

Lots of 16" P38 wheels on Ebay, as people change up to 18".

Disco 1 and Classic range rover wheels will not fit without expensive adaptors, pitching of wheel studs is different.

Later Range Rover (L322 and Sport) wheels can be used but need sleeves to centre the wheels on the hubs, and you need to use the later wheel nuts.

I have a set of original 16" P38 Range Rover rims I am not using, but I suspect carriage to Austria might prove expensive!

HTH

David

Reply to
rads