Discovery 2 - no brake or reverse lights

Have no brake or reverse lights working on 2000 Discovery. Checked fuse but still not working. Any ideas?

Reply to
Nikki

In news:BF3FC9E0.2098% snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com, Nikki blithered:

Guess... Common Earth?

Reply to
GbH

in article 431a0f00$0$17468$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader04.plus.net, GbH at Geoff snipped-for-privacy@IEE.ORGasm wrote on 3/9/05 10:00 pm:

You'll have to enlighten me on this...!!!

Bruce has this afternoon been out and checked the fuse, and replaced it just in case. According to the owners book the brakes and the reverse lights are on the same fuse. The brake lights don't come on at all and we do apparently have the left hand reverse light coming on. Bruce has just said that he's replaced all the bulbs as well, and still the same problem.

Anyone got a manual?!!!

Reply to
Nikki

In news:BF438C76.2227% snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com, Nikki blithered:

I was suggesting maybe those lights were supposed to have a common earth return what has fallen orft. Was/is a common failing on Fraud Sierras where you see the brake lights flashing with the indicators, the indicator earth is no more, and threturn is finding its way through the brake lights. I'm not sure I understand the magical path but it involves loosing the common earth from the bulbs.

Reply to
GbH

No but in the mean time , does it have a trailer socket? If it does do the trailer / caravan brake lights work ok?

If not it may suggest a wiring issue rather than a light socket / bulb issue IYSWIM

Has the problem only surfaced since towing ?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

in article snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, Lee_D at snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMlrproject.com wrote on 6/9/05 11:34 pm:

Yes it does, just the single socket.

No

We do.

Aberystwyth and back. First noticed the brake lights and reverse lights weren't working when Bruce reversed the caravan into the drive when we got back.

Bruce says he'll have a look at it tomorrow and I'll let you know how he gets on.

Thanks

Nikki

Reply to
Nikki

in article 431dddb0$0$97105$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net, GbH at Geoff snipped-for-privacy@IEE.ORGasm wrote on 6/9/05 7:19 pm:

Will mention this to Bruce as he'll know exactly what you're talking about.

Thanks

Reply to
Nikki

On or around Tue, 06 Sep 2005 23:07:31 GMT, Nikki enlightened us thusly:

'ere, how come you didn't call in for a coffee?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Austin Shackles at snipped-for-privacy@ddol-las.net wrote on 7/9/05 1:31 pm:

And when I say Aberystwyth, its not quite as far as that as we turn off the main road and head for Ynyslas. I knew you lived in Wales, but couldn;t remember where exactly. We usually head up the A5 towards Shrewsbury and make a headline for Macynllth.

Reply to
Nikki

On or around Wed, 07 Sep 2005 17:28:29 GMT, Nikki enlightened us thusly:

bit south of there. not on your A5-style route.

Reply to
Austin Shackles