Discovery 300 problem

My S reg auto disco TDI import has a whining water pump.

I looked on on the Rimmer bros web site but it lists two water pumps...???

Does anyone know which one is needed and do they take much fitting.

Thanks folks

John Moore

Reply to
www.cyberstitch.co.uk

Assuming when you say disoc 300, you mean 300tdi, its STC1086 i think.

Mark Solesbury

Ideal - thanks for that and yes its the 300TDi. Just got the back door to fettle now. The central locking unlocks all the doors, including the back one, and locks all the doors except the back door.. is it a servo of some sort?

Ta John

Reply to
www.cyberstitch.co.uk

yep the cheap alternative is £9.99 at maplins but check it is getting power the connector plugs tend to corrode

Derek

Reply to
Derek

Sorry Derek.. What is the alternative?

Reply to
www.cyberstitch.co.uk

check its not the tensioner causing belt squeal ??

drop of water on pulley; no noise then tensioner needs replacing ??

Reply to
Hirsty's

Cheap generic servo, as opposed to overpriced LR one.

Reply to
EMB

I am sorry for being rather thick on these issues. Which servo is the one to go for in your opinion?

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
www.cyberstitch.co.uk