Discovery lumbar support

Hi folks,

The lumbar support has died in my 1997 Discovery on the drivers seat - the knob just turns without anything happening to the support.

Has anyone ever had the seats on a Discovery apart? How do you get inside to get at the lumbar support unit? Do the seat covers just slide off? Or does the upholstery need to be dismantled and resown?

I tried emailing Exmoor trim and they could give me no advice at all.

Otherwise, has anyone got a Discovery seat in reasonable condition, with the beige fabric (not the one with the Land Rover logo in it) for a reasonable price. Or if Richard from Bearmend's is listening, have you got one?

Any advice really appreciated. /start whinge! Ideally I do not want to buy a new seat, as I now need 832,500 Zimbabwe dollars to buy a pound, and I would rather spend money on fuel to keep my generator going (I'm on generator now - we have power cuts every day here now). /end whinge!

Cheers! Graham Carter Harare Zimbabwe

Reply to
Graham Carter

Hi

This happened on mine years ago, and trying to remember how I did the repair. The part is available from Landrover, and it's basically a huge rubber band in the back of the seat. The seat needs to be removed from the vehicle, turn it up side down, and all of a sudden it becomes clear how to fit it. You don't need to split, or re-stitch the seat, and with a little dexterity you should be able to replace the failed part.

Nigel

Reply to
Bear

Thanks Nigel,

I'll take the seat out and have a look. Glad to know that I don;t have to have the whole thing reupholstered.

Cheers! Graham Carter

Reply to
Graham Carter