Discovery _ no gears

Anyone know a mobile mechanic in the Telford area who's good with Discovery's? After bringing the horse home at the weekend I couldn't select any gears. (The cars still in the field with the horse,lol ) Regards Derek.

Reply to
Heavyhorses

Do you mean you couldn't select gears (i.e. the gear lever wouldn't go into gear) or that once the gear lever is in the right place for a gear there was no drive?

If it's the latter, have you checked the transfer box isn't in neutral?

You wouldn't be the first ......

Reply to
SteveG

Also try putting the diff-lock on, it could be a broken half-shaft.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Was in low range when I stopped, will have a crawl underneath this weekend but being a 1990 model is it worth the effort ???? It saving grace could be its 300 tdi ;-)...as it stands think the lumps worth more than the car ,lol

Reply to
Heavyhorses

I had exactly the same problem a few months ago. Can you select the gears, or can't you get them at all. If it's the latter then it could be a bit of metal has snapped off and jammed like in mine. About a quid to fix, and theat included the price of milk and a tea bag while I was fixing it. Dave

Reply to
Dave R