Discovery noise

Hi everyone. We have a 1996 discovery, 300tdi. Over the past few weeks a high pitched notice has appeared when we travel at about 2,400 rev 60 mph in 5th gear. It disappears at 65mph. Now this is handy when towing the caravan. It keeps me to the legal limit, but it is really annoying any other time...........any ideal?

Carol & Jim R

Reply to
Jim Roberts

Turbocharger whistle getting louder, perhaps?

Reply to
Llandrovers!

Is it engine speed related or transmission speed related? (ie what happens when you put your foot on the clutch at 60mph?)

Guy

Reply to
Guy Lux