Discovery winch

Hello all, can I fit a winch to my 94 Disco with the original bumper in place or do I have to replace it ( I prefer the look of the original)

Cheers

Reply to
StaffBull

Dedicated winch bumper required unless you fabricate a mount under the bumper - which would affect your approach angle and limit maintenance.

Good luck

Reply to
LEE ARGYLE

Reply to
StaffBull

Twas Thu, 12 Feb 2004 22:59:19 -0000 when "StaffBull" put finger to keyboard producing:

You want to fit a winch and keep the front end standard... you are being daft..

You could go the route of a demountable winch, then you just need something heafty to attach it to while in use, a tow-ball perhaps, means you can keep the front end fairly standard.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Chassis-mounted recovery points and a "brano-style" hand winch. Pull yourself out forwards and backwards. Sorted.

Guy

Reply to
Guy Lux

Reply to
StaffBull

OF COURSE you can.

You will just need to replace the center part of your factory bumper with the winch tray.

If you happen to have a Camel Trophy Discovery photo available you can see how it can be mounted. Just remove the bullbar from the picture (the bullbar is a totally independant unit from the winch tray and bumper) and you can get the picture.

The winch tray is originaly designed for use with the Superwinch Husky winch but I am sure it can be adapted to your winch's dimensions (although I can recommend the Husky with all my heart)

If you need any photos please let me know. I still have a few photos of the way I have installed the above combination of winch tray and winch to my 1994 model year Discovery Mpi and I can supply you with lots of photos of both my CT Discos with the winches and with or without the bullbar.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos