Does this price sound ok for vent motor replacement?

Hi all.

I posted a bit back about a couple of problems with my 1995 Range Rover.

Got a quote today after having the climate control looked at.

It seems the motors that control the vent flaps have conked out, so the chap reckons we should replace all 3 (2 have gone, and we "may as well" replace the other too).

This involves taking the dash etc. off and fitting new motors.

Been quoted £430 + vat. (8 hours labour and £180 for the motors)

The guy seems ok, but I have used a different garage for our other cars for years.

Does this price sound ok?

TIA

MS

Reply to
Mark Stephens

It's a big job, i think it's quite fair really.

Reply to
Nige

Not really.

I'm in the middle of doing mine (not for the faint hearted!) Look at rangerovers.net for the shortcuts. Still a long and invovled job.

There is a guy on ebay who will do it for £300. He is a mobile land rover mechanic. The price seems reasonable. Don't know where you live but he is based in the midlands.

Search on ebay for item no 4635926366.

Adam

Reply to
Adam Swire

Also it is sometimes possible to "unstick" them using testbook or the equivalent. Did you guy try that?

Adam

Reply to
Adam Swire

I could have easily done mine too, but the blokes asking if thats a right price & i think it is.

Reply to
Nige

You can recalibrate them, but with limited success!!!

Reply to
Nige

Thanks all for the advice again. Taking the dash off is beyond me. I used to do quite a bit on an old MkIII, but these things are all computers and wires. If it can't be got off with a hammer, then it's too complicated!

Reply to
Mark Stephens

Everything can be taken off with a hammer - it's the reassambly that's tricky :)

Reply to
William Tasso