Driving the wrong colour

Picture the scene....... Old dented S3 bronze green body panels. Nice new(ish) limestone panels. I'd like to fit the limestone panels and paint the vehicle green over time. The V5 states Green. should I register the colour change to keep the V5 correct for the vehicle? Could I get away with changing the V5 to Green / white (green bulkhead and white panels to start with changing to green panels and white roof once everything is painted)?. Thanks, Jon

Reply to
Jon

It's not a big hassle to send in the relevant form, though with the bureaucratic delays I wouldn't bother for something lasting a few weeks. A new wing, or similar, is more obviously a repair in progress.

I think it'd be best to notify the change.

Reply to
David G. Bell

You only have to modify the V5 and send it in. I'd wait untill the vehicle is mostly the new colour and then send it off. If you have two colour changes within a few weeks they'll start asking questions anyway.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

According to the explanatory documents that come with a vehicle registration application ( V55/5*) if the vehicle has more than 2 colours it should be described as " multi coloured" . As you have 2 shades of green and white , then to keep the pedantic bastards happy you should describe your vehicle as multi coloured , and then you can paint it whatever colour you like . steve the grease

Reply to
R L Driver

Mulit coloured it is. Green body, black rear cross member and a white roof Thanks, Jon

Reply to
Jon

Unless it is multi-coloured, do you not just state the "base" colour, which would be green in this case?

Cheers

Blippie

-- Visit the alt.aviation.safety FAQ online at

Blippie

I sent a colour change off for TheBrandNewLeopardskinPillBoxHat (Leapoardskin 88") as Leopard Skin - came back Multicoloured - boring!

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson