Request for body picture

I was wondering if anyone has or can take a picture of their Beetle body from the rear. I have a project underway that has suffered some severe rust damage to the body support that mounts to the back of the floor pans. A shot or two taken from the rear of the car looking up and forward would be helpful in figuring out what the heck is suppose to be where there huge holes are.

Thanks for any help. Scott

68 I'm not sure yet
Reply to
Scott S

Do you mean the floor pan brackets?

I've got a stock 60 that's stripped -- could take some shots....

Please confirm.

Reply to
MN AirHead

MN Airhead,

Man, I have been looking for another 1960 beetle owner. I am trying to learn whether the dash grab handle above the glovebox is a stock item for a 60. My

60 doesn't have any holes and I was thinking about installing it anyways. Does your 60 have the holes? I am not sure if the grab handle was an option for the car that year.

Also, I think the PO welded up the holes where the upper fuse box near the speedo was mounted. If you had a picture of your upper fuse box location and orientation, that would be a big help. I would like the fuse box to be in its original location for correctness.

You can send any pics directly to my email addy: snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net

I cant go forward with the wiring until I figure this out. I appreciate any and all response you may have.

Thanks!

Andy

Dixon, CA

Reply to
<1l75

Try this site.... its my first project which is still in progress.... I think you are talking about the rear cross member area.

DougnKaren

Reply to
DougnKaren

You are correct about the area in question being the rear cross member area. Your site was helpful (and crisply done) but a shot of the rear cross member from behind and underneath a car would help even more. I see I have quite a bit to repair on my own now however. ;) Thanks for the input. Scott

Reply to
Scott S

Reply to
DougnKaren

I hope it's not too much trouble, but this will be greatly appreciated! I'd put up pictures of my own, but we all know what rust looks like. Thanks again. Scott

Reply to
Scott S