Ex-military vehicle insurance

Sorry if this a regular topic!

I used to have cheap fully comp insurance for a lightweight, and can't remember who it was through. Can anyone out there jog my memory (gone past the 30 mark and started to forget things!)

Cheers

John

Reply to
John Neal

hahaha

just rang footman james to get a quote on my 87 RR V8

Im 21.....................

They quoted £2500!!!!!!!!

She's only worth about £800

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Im 22 and they do my 101 for ~£200. They must not like range rovers!

It took me ages to find anyone that would even quote me for the V8, and out of all the people in the back of the landy mags there was only footman James, and Adrian Flux (wanted ~£500) who would cover me.

Reply to
Tom Woods

I'm 26, and my RR based hybrid is with Adrian flux for £168 fully comp, and they didn't want to see an engineers report despite seeing pictures for the agreed valuation.

I remember when I was 21/22 and was paying nearly £500 for a clapped out Astra on TPF&T.....

-- Simon Isaacs

Peterborough 4x4 Club Chairman and Webmaster

3.5V8 100" Hybrid Part owner of 1976 S3 LWT, currently under restoration Suzuki SJ410 (ex-Girlfriend, at the moment......) Series 3 88" Rolling chassis...what to do next Pug 106 (offroaded once!!)
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

It seems everyone has a different cheapest - we use Lancaster for our 1990

3.5 V8 110 hardtop, after most of the usual companies said Land Rover never made one!
Reply to
Bob Miller

For ex-military insuance you need Roadsure which incorporates A.C.Miles. I pay about £89 fully comp on my 101. they are also good for older Landrovers, £120 on an 84 110 with any mods. Both are limited mileage however.

Sean

73FL74 101GS 1984 110 2.5N/A
Reply to
Sean Ryan

I'll second that - my Lightweight is with them and I pay £78 fully comp - its worth joing the EMLRA as you get a discount which pretty much covers the membership fee.

See

Phone is 020 8989 3339

No connection other than as a satisfied customer!

HTH

Jon Robson

'78 SIII Lightweight '94 RR Classic

Reply to