Exhaust woes!!

Took the ES V8 Disco in to investigate if exhaust centre could "gut" the catalyst that was rattling but apparently there is one you can get to and one you cant - guess which ones gone on mine. Also the mid and rear boxes have pinholes so the entire exhaust is shagged!. new cats £300 and the rest of the exhaust £130 !

Good news is though - I went to a local MOT centre who is also a LR nut to ask if I could get the lump through it's MOT without cats ( thanks Badger for the pointer) and yes if I present it on LPG its tested on LPG and bar a major issue with the engine it should be fine. Evan better he pointed me in the direction of a local guy who custom builds stainless exhausts, he's building me one right through on Tuesday for £350 - lifetime guarantee too boot. stainless system fitted for less than the price of a mild steel standard rot tube!!

this is turning out to be open wallet surgery though !

Reply to
StaffBull

I'm always a bit confused about these lifetime guarantees (I'm always a bit confused about a lot of things). Exactly who or what's lifetime are we talking about? If it's the purchaser then lets hope he/she lives for a very long time indeed. If, however, it's the lifetime of the product then the guarantee is worthless because if it breaks the manufacturer can simply say it broke because it came to the end of its life.

How do others interpret this?

Regards

Steve G

StaffBull wrote:

Reply to
SteveG

So SteveG

Reply to
Richard Brookman

The life of the vehicle?

I know some such guarantees expire should the thing change hands (sold).

one to read the small print of.

Had some semperit tyres on the peugeot with a lifetime guarantee, basically if you knackered one (I tore the sidewall on one) then they measure the tread depth and discount a replacement depending on how much wear, the one I bust had about 1000 miles on it and the replacement was free, I just paid the fitting. But such guarantee expired when I sold the car. 'non transferable' or something.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Yep - same on this one - when I get it.