Fit new exhuast & wow!

Bloody hell, just took off the old cat exhaust off the 300 tdi D1 & the new pipe makes a big difference to performance.

The turbo spins up miles quicker & the torque is instant.

Anyone want a very decent tdi 300 cat front pipe they can have it, let me know before Monday or it's skipped.

Reply to
Nige

have you replaced it with a straight pipe then?

Does that not f*ck up the MOT?

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

I wish I'd known that when I had mine. Let us know if it makes any difference to the mpg, I always got 28 out of the 300 but 32-35 out of the 200. TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

I can't see how it can mate, it's got no lamda shit on it, looks a passive system to me.

Reply to
Nige

Cool

How much was it, and where did you get it from?

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

On or around Thu, 30 Aug 2007 20:25:17 +0100, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

I take it you've fitted a non-cat one?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Thu, 30 Aug 2007 21:54:53 +0100, "TonyB" enlightened us thusly:

makes a lot of difference and it won't eff-up the MOT 'cos it doesn't affect the smoke test. If they bring in a test for the things the cat is supposed to remove, that might change.

Also, the straight pipe can be fitted without removing the crossmember - I didn't succeed in removing the cat pipe in one piece from our 300 disco, so I see no reason to suppose that one could fit a new one without dropping the gearbox member.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Aye!

Reply to
Nige

I got i off without trouble? Had to twist it a bit, but easy as pie.

Reply to
Nige