RRIII :- Noisey Fan in the centre console

In my new RR III there is a fan within the centre console which runs for around 15 mins after the door is opened and the puter kicks up.

Is this the ECU fan, if not what is it?

It's a tad noisey and I would like to replace it or lubricate it... any one know how I get in there without buggering owt up? It's located behind the Air con switches so not to be mistaken for the fans in the wings that do other stuff and are on equally as long.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Lee_D uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Doesn't seem so intrusive this morning but last night as I was sat listening at 1 am to make sure the f***er went off it sounded louder.

Seems to be a "characteristic" which I guess has replaced the smell of ep90 :-)

Also got my bluetooth doofer working which came fitted so I'm feeling all fluffy at the mo :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Mine does it.. along with a friendly chirp of some kind of compresser or something or other from behind the drivers side front wheel when you first blip the key fob.

Well I think it does.. Its been dead on the drive for the last 2 months with a shagged gearbox, which was driveable if it we'rent for the fact the radiator poped which would have been solveable if the alternator hadnt died (for the 2nd time)

Tim

Reply to
Tim Guy