foglamps

Indeed, not had fog like that around here for some years.

If we had a hard winter these days with any real fog , snow or prolonged Ice there would be carnage as the youth of today haven't experienced a good winter.

That said there are some older muppets around too.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Darwin Rules OK?

Reply to
GbH

On or around Sat, 7 Nov 2009 11:39:45 -0000, "Oily" enlightened us thusly:

exactly, but that doesn't stop the numpties and wankers from doing it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sat, 07 Nov 2009 20:52:56 +0000, Dougal enlightened us thusly:

Fog lights, as a rule make a wide, flat beam, aimed downwards. ON wet days, when there's no fog, they make more dazzle from the road than ordinary dipped beams, especially when they're on as well as the dipped beams.

Correctly aimed foglights don't contribute any more to vision when used with dipped beams, other then to light up the bit immediately in front of the car a bit more, which is pointless.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sat, 07 Nov 2009 20:52:56 +0000, Dougal enlightened us thusly:

The fog light problem I find annoying is people using them as extra dipped lights, usually I suspect in an attempt to look "cool", or because they're variously stupid.

This makes extra glare and dazzle when they come against you at night. Especially when the foglamps are badly aimed - dipped ligths should be getting checked in the MOT, fog lamps don't.

Reply to
Austin Shackles