Freelander 2 Diesel

Anyone know if the 2.2 diesel engine for the new Freelander two is belt or chain driven?

Cheers ............. Richard

Reply to
Richard

You mean the 'BMW' diesel? It's chain, so you DON'T need to replace the timing belt at regular intervals (as I found, to my pocket's releif, when I took mine for its 60K service).

GRAEME ALDOUS Yorkshire

Reply to
Teeafit

No I don't ....... the BMW engine is the one I have in my TD4. LandRover launch a new Freelander 2 anytime now which has a Ford (ish) 2.2 Diesel _but_ after a fair bit of searching it isn't clear to me if this will have a belt or chain drive. I wouldn't be prepared to experience another vehicle with a Ford cambelt.

Richard

Reply to
Richard

Panic ye not! It's Peugeot (PSA), and it's fundamentaly an old design.

Scroll to DW10 if that like doen't go all the way.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Thanks for that .................. another Richard

Reply to
Richard

replying to Richard, andre mitchell wrote: hi can you tell me if my freelander 2 2008 diesal as a chain or belt

Reply to
andre mitchell