Freelander: noise geting on my nerves

Hi,

I bought a two-year-old freelander TD4 this summer adn I was fairly excited about this car. By now, however, this Car has become a real nuisance. There is a strange sound (creaking, sometimes like polystyrene on glass....) and I cannot find its origin. Maybe it is in the the left door (driver's side). I took the car to the Landrover dealer and theyopened the door and installed a new window control and a new loudspeaker (bass). They also put some foam in it to suppress any possible sounds. in vain, just ten minutes after I had got my car back and was on my way home there it was again: This noise is driving me crazy!

Does anybody have an idea what else this could be?

I am grateful for any hint!

Chris Flipter, Berlin, Germany

Reply to
Chris Flipter

I had a nasty squeak that was difficult to find. Turned out to be the 'steering cassette' (part of the steering linkage). I have had this replaced twice now for the same high-pitched squeal/squeak.

Stew.

Reply to
90ninety