Freelander Steering Advice Please

My neighbour has a 'Y' Reg TD4 3 Door

His power steering has started behaving strangely! I can't say it has stopped working completely but when the car is moving very very slowly when perhaps doing a three point turn the power steering doesn't seem to work at all, it is really stiff and hard to move the steering wheel.

Usuals have been checked, fluid etc.

Any ideas anyone

Also, he has contacted his local dealership who refuse to honour any warranty left on the car because he bought it privately and didn't get proof of any service history from the last owner. Does this sound fair ?

Thanks and best wishes

Ade

Reply to
yup

Take it for a drive along some twisty lanes and see if that frees things up. It certainly works for my bobtail if it's been left for a couple of weeks.

Reply to
PDannyD