Freelander towing mirrors

Can anyone guide me towards a reliable towing mirror for a 2004 Freelander.

The normal strap on mirrors are too small as the straps will not go round

The door mounting mirrors are again to small (to far between the window and door bottom)

Bonnet mooting mirrors are no good as the bonnet does not have the normal lip

The only ones I have tried are the ones that are on an arm which fits onto a strap-on mount - but I have lost two of these by them falling off as the rear of the mirror is badly shaped and tends to allow the straps to slip off!

Over to you!

Reply to
Al Stevenson

Hi I use ones designed to fit awkward sloping mirrors i.e. the ones I use are from towsure in sheffield and are stated as being suitable for a vauxhall vectra. Try the Towsure website at

. Mirrors have two mini'G' clamps at the top to go on the outer mirror casing and a strap to go inbetween. Served me well on a 300 mile trip in the summer. I have lost theprevious 'strap only' type mirrors. Stew

Reply to
90ninety

Sorry missed a zero. That should read 3000 mile trip!

Stew

Reply to
90ninety