1999 Passat Heated wing mirrors

Hi, I have had a Passat TDI 115 sport and don't know if its got heated wing mirrors that don't work or just normal mirrors.

If its got heated mirrors how do you switch them on.

If its got heated mirrors that don't work what can cause it.

are they easy to replace and around what cost

Cheers Craig

Reply to
craig

I that doesn't work, gently prise off one of the mirrors from its housing and on an electrical heated one, there will be 2 contacts on the rear of the glass with a coil of wire glued to the glass.

HTH

AndyR Ex VR6 now Bora PD 150

Reply to
AndyR

I have a 1999 1.9tdi and the controls are on the drivers door...with the knob set in the central point both mirrors should heat up automatically, there is no on/off switch as such, just up(drivers mirror), center and bottom (passenger side).

Paul.

Reply to
Pee Cee

I had a 1999 Golf 1.8T and the mirrors were heated when the rear demister switch was operated, the Mk5 Golf has a seperate switch, I would imagine the passat ones operate with the rear demister (do you have the owners handbook still?) my 1990 Corrado had heated mirrors too and these came on at ambient temp

Reply to
Martin

Put you rear screen heater on. If the mirrors clear, there is your answer. If you still suspect you may have them its an electrical prob cos they work off the same fuse.

Regards

CF

Reply to
Chuckie Finzter

I've found on my Passat the heated mirrors only work when the mirror position control button is set to the centre position

Reply to
Sadcrab

Not on mine

Reply to
Sadcrab

Don't you have to pull the switch to the rear to get theheater to operate?

Reply to
Chuckie Finzter