FS: Disco 300TDi

(Assuming that I don't find any problems when I fire it up...)

1995 M about 124K miles, IIRC 7 seater with all belts.

Just had head-skim and new head gasket. The gasket had only just started to go and the head hasn't been "cooked". As far as I could see, it wasn't warped, but skimmed it anyway to make sure.

recently (within last 6 months) had new alternator.

Tyres are Goodyear Eagle GT+4, lots of tread left, on steel wheels

More-or-less complete history (dealer or in dependant service up 'til we got it, I've serviced it since).

New unfitted set of waterproof seat covers to go with it.

in generally very good condition apart from the following:

Driver's door creased at the front edge, due to being forced open too far. It opens and shuts fine, damage is cosmetic; the door check strap has been fixed.

Side steps rough, mainly due to an excursion off-road. The motor hasn't, however, been off road regularly.

The spare is an old Michelin and while still useable is old and starting to crack a bit, so could do with swapping.

Driver's seat cushion is a bit flat, ideally wants a new foam.

Taken all in all, it's a good motor, but we've got one too many, so one has to be sold and this one is the most likely to fetch decent-ish money.

I'll offer it here first for £2500 ONO to include a quick wash and go over the interior with George. Located in Wales, but might be able to sort delivery, if I can borrow a trailer; it's not currently insured but is MOTed and taxed. MOT 'til May

07, I forget what the tax position is, but it's easily checked.
Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sat, 04 Nov 2006 13:39:48 +0000, Austin Shackles enlightened us thusly:

not 124, 120.

right, it's back together and running, warmed it up at fast idle, then once it was up to temp and the water level rechecked, thrashed it up the hill, temp gauge sat rock-steady in the middle of the dial. So that looks good.

forgot to say that it's got a non-cat front pipe, which makes it go a bit better.

all the leccy windows seem to work, and it's got 2 (manual) sunroofs.

remembered a couple of other faults:

windscreen wiper self-park is erratic, with related effect on the intermittent wipe; wash-wipe and ordinary wipers work OK.

Driver's door mirror electric adjustment is broken for left-right. I think the up and down still works, but in practice, it's held in place with a bit of blu-tak

Those 2 between 'em are a couple of hundred quid, both require replacement units IIRC, so this will be taken into consideration when considering offers.

I think one of the locking fobs need new batteries.

tax 0207, and the comment about insurance isn't quite corrcet as I can drive it on my insurance 'cos it's not in my name.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sat, 04 Nov 2006 17:17:44 +0000, Austin Shackles enlightened us thusly:

oh, and it's got 300 peeling dash syndrome, but then they all have unless they were fixed. it's not a major issue. I kept meaning to experiment with vicious glue and see if it'd stick back down... might have a go at it: that stuff for sticking formica onto wooden panels was pretty sticky... thixofix, I think it was called; impact glue, anyway. I suspect the problem is that to do a decent job of sticking it you'd need to remove the windscreen.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Bought one of them black plastic kits from a trader at Malvern - does the job just dandy.

Wouldn't be too hard to fabricate something that does the job, but IM(NS)HO glue alone wouldn't give a reliable result.

Same with the 'official' fix really - however we've made a decent fist of it without. The point is to apply a decent amount of down force on the job whilst whatever you're using to fix the problem is applied. Additional pair of hands helps.

Reply to
William Tasso