FS: LHD 110 with blown engine

Hello again all, been away for a while. The saga of my 110 SW is almost over, with Willetts Landrovers Ltd. winding up business to avoid paying up on my claim. As such, since I haven't the money to do her up, she's for sale. Superb condition body and chassis, 1983 110 SW, nine seats (all with belts), roofrack, Dixon Bate adjustable tow hitch with NATO and ball hitches on separate plates, also Sankey trailer. The only thing wrong is the engine: 2.25l diesel which has no power and smokes like a chimney - maybe piston rings, don't know. All the gaskets from the head joint upwards are brand new, so it isn't a leak there. As such, consider it a non-runner, and thus must be trailered away from West France.

However, your chance for a real bargain. when I get home next weekend she's going on eBay, so if you are interested (Matthew perhaps?) let me know before then. You can email by removing the obvious, or reply through the group. I'm looking for about =A33000.

Cheers, Stuart

Reply to
srtgray

'83 two and a quarter diesel 110 SW, non runner, a bargain at £3k? And its in France? Ummmm, d'ya think there'll be a queue?

Reply to
nully

£500 at best matey.
Reply to
Nige

It'd be a bargain at £300. £3000 will get you a reasonably nice, RHD, runner without having to spend a fortune going to France to collect the bugger.

Reply to
Pete M

I may have been interested, but a mate of mine has just bought a very similar one that was just running badly, for 1000 euros! He just cleaned it all up and now it is running spot on. That was a bargain!

Anyway, I'm trying to save up for a D3, but the buggers are all 5 seater manuals here (even HSE), so the 7 auto's are rare and expensive, and with Sarky's new showroom tax of up to 9000euros (not sure where the D3 fits, but you can bet near the top end), they ain't gonna get any cheaper any time soon! which may mean I have to look at a Td5 instead.

Matt

Reply to
Matt M

That was £1500 obviously ;)

Reply to
Nige

On or around Sat, 15 Mar 2008 22:36:37 +0000, Pete M enlightened us thusly:

Although if it's a left-hooker in France they're a bit rare, so if you want one in France...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I've got a mate in Czech who wants a LHD 90 turbo-diesel, but he wants a decent runner. I think that is where the problem lies. Who the hell is going to pay £3k for a dead 2.25 110?

I think the OP would be better off flogging his accessories, like the Sankey trailer, and putting a more realistic price on the 110. Or, preferably an engine in it. With a decent engine it'd be worth £3k, no worries.

Reply to
Pete M

That's the problem - I've got no spare cash to sort out the engine. However, 110s have a much better resale value in France (yes, they are a bit rare), so on to eBay it goes! Thanks for the input, everyone.

Reply to
srtgray

Only LHD ones, or either flavour?

Reply to
nully

What nick is the trailer in?

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

I haven't seen many RHD Land Rovers available, but in general RHD is quite popular amongst the French (the driver is further from the point of impact... :) ). Take a look at the LHD Rovers on eBay.fr - there aren't that many, and the prices are higher than eBay.co.uk

Reply to
srtgray

Very good. No rust, has a tonneau cover, tyres are good, standard 7- pin electrical plug works. Interested?

Reply to
srtgray

Well i would be... but getting it from france will be a bit of a c*ck though..

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

On or around Sun, 16 Mar 2008 11:25:50 -0700 (PDT), srtgray enlightened us thusly:

Also, the 110 SW is the highest-value of the 90/110s.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Of course, the alternative is, can anyone supply me with a decent engine or engine/gearbox combo for next to nothing? I'd even consider a V8...

Reply to
srtgray

Undoubtedly so. But given that I bought a '91 200Tdi 110 CSW with a full MOT and in great nick apart from scabby middle row doors and no headlining for £3k, I still think the value placed is somewhat on the high side! Either that, or I got a sodding bargain. And I aint known for getting bargains...

Reply to
nully

On or around Mon, 17 Mar 2008 00:36:17 GMT, "nully" enlightened us thusly:

But it's LHD and in France. OK, there may not be much of a demand, but there's a very small supply of such.

As such, we can't really apply British price values. I wouldn't give 3K for it either, in this country.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yeah, but they ain't that much more! This one isn't that far off

Matt M

On or around Mon, 17 Mar 2008 19:41:50 +0100, Matt M enlightened us thusly:

asking ?5500, mind, and it's RHD. Personally, I'd be looking for LHD to drive regularly in France, even in a Landy.

£3K is OTT, IMHO, but you gain nothing by starting at a low price. You can always come down...
Reply to
Austin Shackles