FS - my beloved Discovery

Due to moving house my pride and joy is for sale -

I hope it can go to a good home.

Reply to
Gavin

I hope so too, but I fear you have started the auction rather too high. It is the most desirable type (an ES with Auto), but it is an 8 year old car and they don't seem to be fetching what you are asking (especially via ebay). Values seem to be taking a bit of a hit recently with the Series 2 motors becoming more affordable.

Good luck all the same - it looks in great condition.

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Cheers Tim - I was'nt sure what to pitch the price at. Locally I seen the same model/spec go for 8.5k in the local papers. Notice I got the Stereo upgrade in that you advised :-)

Gavin

Reply to
Gavin

Go for or ask for?

Reply to
David French

Now Sold - to a chap around the corner from me, and quite happy with the £8750 I got for it. I had it up for £8950. Now what to get next .....

Gavin

Reply to
Gavin

Good result - perhaps Discovery values are better than I thought. Mind you, mine isn't in the same condition as yours. That said, I looked at loads of V8's about 2 years ago, and there were a good number of N and P platers going for 8K. Diesel seems to add about £1500-£2000 it seems.

So what do people reckon mine is worth? 95M, 130K, 7 seats, service history, new gearbox and clutch at 95K, V8 in good order, panels all straight, paintwork only fair, basic spec plus air conditioning and cruise control. Usual minor rot in the rear arches (to be fixed shortly).

Negotiations with 'er indoors seem to have progressed to the point where I can have a new one (or a 110), but only if I get rid of the current Discovery! Although now the steering and rear suspension has been sorted it is a much better drive than ever before.

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

I reckon about £6,000. If you want a brand new one, get the order in before the end of the month, and get your £3,000 off (2003 Discovery).

Reply to
Llandrovers!

Well now the Discovery is not swapping lanes every time it hits a cats eye and has a sorted rear suspension there isn't a big incentive to change to be honest.

Every now and again I find the Discovery too small for what I need to do. Typical case is me and missus up front, kid in rear seat and 1 to

3 dogs in the boot. Doesn't leave much room for the pushchair, luggage or wifey's haircare essentials. A roof rack might be a big plus, but the greater space of the 110 would also be a solution (although I've yet to fully test that theory). I previously rejected the 110 as I used to do a lot of extended blasting up and down motorways. I've got the Passat for that now (or Mandy's A-Class in an emergency).

I've looked at the new Discovery at least twice, and come away thinking 'ooh it's lovely' and then 'what does it do that mine doesn't'? It would smell of Labrador and baby sick in a matter of days anyway, so the new car thing wouldn't last long. And I would probably go V8 again, so diesel is no incentive.

The only thing is, I'm thinking of doing something silly with the Discovery, which might make it a bit less suitable for everyday use. So that might change the equation a little.

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

On or around Wed, 03 Sep 2003 14:39:10 +0100, Tim Hobbs enlightened us thusly:

the 110 isn;t all that much bigger, mind. overall length is near enough the same. You get about a foot more behind the middle row seats compared to a disco, but you really need to put decent seats at least in the front, IMHO.

Was meaning to look into fitting Disco seats in 90/110s, but haven't had time really yet. On the face of it, the seat should come off the runners, but I don't see how at the moment.

sawing the roof off?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

You really shouldn't have told us this if you're hoping to sell it, you know :-)

Reply to
QrizB

I'm hoping not to.

Still, to please the missus, here goes

1 Discovery for sale. Astronomical 130K mileage (not verified), awful fuel consumption, stinks of poo and dog hair. Tyres half worn out.

Buy it now and look like a tosser with a 4x4.

First to see will buy - £20,000 ovno.

If there are no takers in the next 8 hours I'll have to withdraw it from sale. At least she won't be able to say that I didn't give it my best shot...

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs