Fuel Pump for Range Rover

When you turn the ignition on the Range Rover you can hear the tick of the petrol pump working. Should this noise stop after a few seconds or run continuosly all the while?

Reply to
Nikki

"Nikki" schreef in bericht news:BBCB9CE1.18DAE% snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com

On my '82 carb it is ticking all the time afaik (if the pump's working that is... which it doesn't at the moment)

Reply to
aghasee

Should be on all the time I think. The Range Rover one that Warren has fitted to my 101 clicks all the time, and as it is just under the drivers seat is very audible.

Of course,once the engine starts it is much less audible!

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Thanks

Reply to
Nikki

We've fitted a replacemnt one and he can't remember the old one ticking all the while - probably what was up with in the first place;-)

Reply to
Nikki