FWH and bearings

Hope someone can help - I need a schematic (and fit/remove instructions) for the free-wheel hubs on my SIII. They're the sort where the entire end cover (rather than a sort of bar thing on the end of the hub) is turned to engage/disengage. I thought I had a set in PDF format stored somewhere, but I can't find it. I need to get it off to change a wheel bearing.

TIA Steve

Reply to
Steve

Do you know what make they are? Jon

Reply to
Jon

Unfortunately, no - which is why I said the whole end turns, hoping that someone would know.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Is this what you were after?

Tom Woods

Exactly the thing - thankyou.

Reply to
Steve

Them is sophisticated hubs, you need a spanner to engage mine

Reply to
Larry

I could do with that document as I have oil oozing out on of my hubs, but I get 404 when I try this link. Is there anychance you can mail it to me please? Reply address works

Reply to
Pacman

in article c4vdls$2m8okc$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-129032.news.uni-berlin.de, Larry at snipped-for-privacy@larry-arnold.com wrote on 7/4/04 12:10 am:

Bruce thought that ours did on our Series 3 when we bought it and tried turning it with a pair of mole grips - broke the cap off it. Ended up with a new set and donated the spare one.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

That link is from my webspace. It was definately working last night, but today the file appears to have dissapeared. No idea why. Ive re-uploaded it again now incase anyone else wants it.

I've also emailed it to you, hope it helps.

Reply to
Tom Woods

This any good?

Mind you, its supposed to be a 110 but the principle is the same! Must be an early one. Some good stuff on
if you take thetrouble to search around. Have fun - Mike.

Reply to
Mike Buckley

That PDF of mine is the proper manual/instructions for those type of hubs.

Reply to
Tom Woods

I've sorted out my hubs 'n bearings now so I've had time to do a quick surf. Found a site with some great links - full Series manual, gearboxes, overdrive, V8 overhaul manual, D90 w/shop manual, R380 and LT230 manuals all in PDF format. All on

if anyone's interested.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Thanks. I'm sorted out now and the job is done, but I'll have a browse. Have a look at

where there's also loads of stuff in PDF (see my other post in this thread).

Steve

Reply to
Steve