gearbox-swapping

RR gearbox into a disco...

how many differences, how many potential problems?

They're both LT77s AFAIK (not actually seen the replacement one yet) and I don't know but I assume the RR one is from a V8. My disco is a V8, of course.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I sure they will both have the same length bellhousing and shaft, just as long as there are no difrences between the gear leaver positions I can't see any probs that I know of... Toby

Reply to
TVS

Pay attention to the handbrake mode of operation and the way the cable is secured in the bottom of the centre glovebox wotsit. I think there was a change on the Rangie around 1989/90.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D